Whether you are looking for practical accounting experience in multiple industries, a more challenging career opportunity, and working with professional, friendly and hard-working people, SFBAY FINANCIAL, INC. has all these things and more! We offer a small firm ambiance with large firm resources and career opportunities.
Our mission with our staff is to guide growth and provide stability while offering a fun and engaging workspace where we can all learn and grow. Through our ongoing education program and management training, we look to promote from within and provide a proven path to advancement in the firm. This is more than a job, it’s a career path.
We believe that the journey to success starts with an enthusiastic, intellectual, courageous team that appreciates the value of teamwork and considers work an extension of a totally balanced lifestyle. What has made SFBAY FINANCIAL, INC. the firm it is today are the people who are on our team. Come help us continue this tradition and make a difference with us!
- Benefit-rich, company-sponsored health, dental, and vision Insurance
- 10 company holidays - including your birthday!
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Commuter benefits
- FSA and Dependent Care benefits
- Traditional and Roth 401K benefits & matching plans
- Compan-sponsored Life Insurance policies
- Industry discount programs
- Incentivized commission and bonus programs
- On-going training and education
- Flexible work schedules and telecommuting opportunities
- Monthly social events and holiday and post-tax season retreats
- Friendly and laid-back work environment - no suits required!
- Easy commute (we're right next to Montgomery Street Bart)
- Path to career advancement and personal growth
Accounting Associate Position
Updating and reconciling bank accounts and credit cards in QuickBooks
A/R preparation and tracking
A/P scheduling, payments, and tracking
Payroll and benefits administration
Monthly financial close and reporting
Compliance filings: sales tax, 1099s, etc.
Regular communication clients
QuickBooks experience with both Online and Desktop versions
Proficiency with GSuite and excel
Work from our downtown-SF office location
Office hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-6pm (with one hour break)
Occasional local travel within the Bay Area to conduct in-person meetings with clients
Punctuality (this is important) showing up on time on a consistent basis
Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule. Some nights and weekends are usually required during tax season
Ability to multitask: you’ll be maintaining multiple client accounts on a monthly basis
Ability to communicate clearly: you’ll be interacting with clients and coworkers on a regular basis. Being available to listen, take direction, and follow up are key
Being a self-starter: able to maintain your workload, calendar, and email accounts with minimal oversite, being proactive and hungry to learn!
Being web-savvy: we use a lot of cloud-based tools (bill.com, Expensify, Harvest, etc.)